(Not Quite) Scorecard Philadelphia Phillies at NY Mets
Thursday, 06/07/07 @ 1910 Hrs
• It's 2010 in the evening. It's bottom of the 5tth.
• Jose Valentin singled. Carlos Gomez popped out foul. Ditto Jose Reyes. FC6 by Maine.
• Chant of Philly (Bleep) started.
• Chant By Philly Fans Mocking “Jose, Jose, Jose, Jose”
• Chant of censored.
• Omar better make a deal.
• No one got arrested upstairs.
• MTA Q53 Bus Runs to 61st Street-Woodside 7 Line Connection, less frequently on Game days, for some strange reason.
• As Jere Smith of “A Red Sox Fan From Pinstripe Territory”, borrowing from Chris “Mad Dog” Russo, on WFAN 660 Radio, would’ve assessed MTA Bus Q53 Service with the words “Terrible Job”, with which I would concur.
• Hey, MTA Bus! I was 2 Innings Late-Terrible Job.
In a 6th inning to be worthy of Game 6 of the 04 ALCS, David Wright homered to LCF, thru an umpiring ruling. His homer was sandwiched between Carlos Delgado &
Paul LO DUCA on a back to back to back homer barrage;
Does Billy Wagner want to be the reincarnation of Armando Benitez?
IF SO, IT WAS A NICE AUDITION, AVOIDING THE PLATE, THROWING A LOT OF PITCHES OFF THE PLATE, THEN HANGING ONE UP FOR PAT BURRELL TO KNOCK OVER THE WALL TO SET THE STAGE FOR SCOTT SHOWENWEISS , WHO LEFT THE METS IN A BAD BIND, LOSING IN 10 frames, 6-3;
This NOT being Yankee Stadium, also known as “The Toilet”, there were no fights, save for 2 Drunks in a Loge Box. It didn’t happen in Upper Level, like it happens in all levels of Yankee Stadium, especially Tier Reserved;
AS this was the 3rd game in my 5 game package, Fenway Park, Orioles at Red Sox, can't come soon enough. I have 2 more games in September with the 5 Game Mets Package;
Ernie Paicopoulos (Fenway Nation) is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT in his assessment that “Sweet Caroline”, played in 8th Inning at Fenway Park, is authentic, whilst the XM Radio Sing Along in the 8th @ Shea Stadium, of “Sweet Caroline”, is NOT. I having experienced “Sweet Caroline” during the 3rd Game of Red Sox Braves at Fenway Park, confirmed that the Mets Version is a sheer imitation, even though Neil Diamond grew up in Flatbush & Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn & “Sweet Caroline” is played, due to an increasing # of visits to Shea Stadium, from all around New England, especially from, MA & RI, as tickets to Fenway Park, are much-harder to come by, these days. Perhaps, Billy Joel’s “I’m In A New York State Of Mind”, a kind of Mellow, Sad Song, would be more of an appropriate anthem;
The Home Run in the 6th Inning by David Wright, had Mark Bellhorn-Style Overtones, especially when the Umpires had to confer to rule on that call;
Shea Stadium Sightlines, especially for following the flight of the ball, from seats in Upper Level, are quite poor. Following the path of Incoming Flights into La Guardia Airport, seems a lot-easier, though. Even with a pole near a seat, Fenway Park has better sightlines, because of proximity(Closeness)to the field;
Philly & Mets Fans did agree on ONE thing-Yankees Fans in road ball parks, are as bad & nasty, as they are, in Yankee Stadium. In short, they’re not really fans of Baseball;