lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rich From BOSTON, You're Next On Sports Radio 66 WFAN

Dear RSN in The Hub & Those In Suburban MBTA Country:

I'm a Member of RSN. I'm also a NATIVE of BROOKLYN. I reside in the Borough & County of Queens;

I do know my way from South Station to Fenway Park, via Red Line to Park Street, transferring to B, C, or D Green Line to Kenmore;

You have a LOAD of Yankees Fans in your midst, in RI & MA, & they're calling Sports Radio 660, WFAN-NY, located in the Kaufman-Astoria Studios in Astoria, Queens;

As of 1987, I started listening to Ken Coleman & Castig out of WTIC-Hartford;

By 2000, after 3 trips to Fenway, I got really-hooked, with the Sox, making the jump from Intermediate Yankees-Despising(NY Mets) to Advanced Yankees Despising with the Red Sox;

I only ask is that you accept NY Area Red Sox Fans as your own. Yankees Fans hate many of us NATIVES of the NY Metro Area, perhaps even more so, as we're a source of irritation;

Thanks!

Mike

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why should location matter? NY is a great town, and any and all RSN members from the area-or anywhere else-are OK in my book!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

BSB, I wish that was how it worked. And hi Michael. The lines are so devisive that ratings would suffer for WFAN, or that's wat they're afraid of. I live in CT, and the state is divided depending on where you are in this little but great state.
Is there an answer? I'm not sure. But I'm a baseball fan who happens to love the Red Sox. There are Yankee fans who are baseball fans, too. Fans of the game. And those are the true fans.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Hey, I didn't know it was you! Peter

9:13 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

To Peter & To Lisa:

I've been Quasi-Ambushed by Boston Area Types, who get a little uppity, thinking that only their own Region has Red Sox Fans;

Crass Parochialism is what I call it;

I usually take umbrage to Crass Parochialists.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't blame you a bit. Eff 'em...even if they ARE Red Sox fans.

FWIW, former Brooklyn Dodger fan Doris Kearns Goodwin is another sincere NY born Red Sox fan.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Lisa?

Doris Kearns-Goodwin, from Rockville Centre, Long Island, NY(Nassau County, across the border from Queens County & Borough), fell in love with Fenway Park, for it was reminiscent of Ebbets Field, Brooklyn, as fans are so close to the action;

Even in Outfield Grandstand Section 3, in the Wheelchair Row, sitting in a Folding Chair, I felt close to the action;

I once sat in a Field Level Seat in Shea Stadium, but never felt as close;

It's the Natives of Boston, DOWN Here, who question us, not the ones up in The Hub.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home