lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Friday, February 08, 2008

I Need Something "Latin" This Weekend

I'm NOT talking about the NY Mets Farm System, which IS The Dominican Republic:

I'm talking about the Soothing Sounds Of Gregorian Chant, which I can get at a Traditional Latin Mass, which is NOT available at the Mass based on the 1549 Anglican Book of Common Prayer;

Homilies @ the TLM, stir The Soul. Homiles @ many Novus Ordo Masses have about as much soul as a Bad Telecast of "FOX Saturday Baseball" where the words "I'm Joe Buck & will be joined in a Moment by Tim Mc Carver", only causes Parishioners to cry out "Please Stop";

The Music in TLM is Gregorian Chant, in Praise To God. The Music in Novus Ordo can be as bad as "Bleacher Creatures'" Rendition of "YMCA", usually a "Me, Me, Me" Performance. Instead of "Sweet Caroline", it's "Sweet Sacrament We Thee Adore"(Though Some Novus Ordo-ist Might Find a way to put "Sweet Sacrament" to the Tune of "Sweet Caroline"-Please-NO);

Latin Mass This Weekend, Not "Rock & Roll", TRULY SOOTHES The Soul;

In Nomini Patris Et Filli Et Spiritu Santi, Amen;

Michaelum-RSN-NYCQ-In The RC Diocese Of Brooklyn

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael G. Benoit said...

I remain entirely unconvinced that preaching at a Tridentine Rite Mass is by default superior to preaching at a Novus Ordo Mass.

Moreover, do not confuse liturgical norms within the United States and its use of modern music with a proper Novus Ordo liturgy (which is very rare in the United States indeed). The fact remains that Gregorian chant is the defacto music of the Catholic Church, whether modern liturgists and musicians in the United States agree or not.

I, for one, am very curious what type of music is being prepared for Pope Benedict's upcoming US visit. Unless it's all chant or polyphony, I doubt he'll be impressed.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

In a properly-done Novus Ordo Mass, with 2 in the vernacular, I have heard Gregorian Chant. Ditto, the Novus Ordo Latin Mass, I have no problem. It's all the lack of Truly-Sacred Music, which infuriates me.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home