lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Sunday, March 04, 2007

"From The Palm In My Hand"



In and for the interests of Traditional Latin Mass Catholics and Baseball Fans alike, my "BANAL BAD SUNDAY HYMN" Series is here for your laughing pleasure, or for revulsion purposes. I hope that you do find it enjoyable:

"From The Palm In My Hand"
(Note-Sung to the tune of "On Eagles' Wings")

You who come to the temple of your team, known around as the stadium,
watch that team, your refuge, all is that you trust:

(Refrain)
& you'll be raised up, by several beers, making nolse which will bring cheers, writing a message or two & sending from the Palm in your hand. & sending, sending from the Palm in your hand.

Thus, BANAL Liturgical Muzak, makes for GOOD Satire, if NOTHING ELSE;

Pax Vobiscum;

Michael

4 Comments:

Blogger paramedicgirl said...

I remember when I played ladies' fastball (that's what we call fast pitch in Canada) some of our team cheers were -well - not quite hymns if you know what I mean!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I know:

I remember one time, with my friend, I was at a Mets Game in Shea Stadium & his 7th Inning Stretch Song was "Celtic Alleluia":

I guess that deep-down, that he's no fan of the Novus Ordo Mass;

But, maybe, Marty Haugen will turn those Softball Chants into a "Hymn", which will be sung at Communion Time.

7:16 PM  
Blogger paramedicgirl said...

Oh, please don't give the liturgists any ideas!!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

They're going to do their thing, no matter what, as they DON'T come to this blog(@ least I think that they DON'T come here).

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home