lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

"The Setup To Paradise By The Centrefield Wall"

I was @ Woodhaven House, a nice Irish Pub, on Woodhaven Blvd, watching the ESPN Coverage of Indians-Red Sox:

Some condescending a-ho of a Yankees Fan, walked over to my place @ the bar & mentioned that things don't look good "For YOUR TEAM, Do They";

I merely smiled & stated that it's "merely a game";

Then, an Irishman from across the Atlantic Pond, boasted proudly that he is a "Mets" Fan & questioned my Red Sox Cap;

Let's put it this way; He's the kind of guy who needs to be held by his ankles from a ramp, leaving Upper Level @ Shea Stadium, by various guys who remember Cleon Jones, Ron Hunt, Tom Seaver, Jerry Koosman & J C Martin, as well as Jerry Grote; That would be from those of us who remember Borden's Coupons, Doubleheaders & $1.30 Seats, of which I'm a member of that fraternity; It might scare him into what Old-Time Mets Fandom, is really all about; Much of Red Sox Nation-NY is from that early group;

Which is WHY that 3 Run Banger into the Fenway Centrefield Bleachers was as refreshing as an Ice Cold 'Gansett or Ice Cold Rheingold or as Fine Wine to be savored;

Thanks, Papi, For The Memories!

7 Comments:

Blogger KAYLEE said...

Hey michael,
Thanks for the comments nice post.how about a win?I would like to witness another win.
-kaylee

3:17 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

You DESERVE That, Kaylee, my friend:

Peace;

Michael

3:24 PM  
Blogger KAYLEE said...

YEAH but jason johnson aint giving it to me......I am writing from my laptop painfully watching jason johnson pitch.
-kaylee

7:56 PM  
Blogger KAYLEE said...

why jason johnson tonight?I hope that they plan on using SNYDER instead of johnson from now on!
-kaylee

11:09 PM  
Blogger KAYLEE said...

as the #5 guy!
-kaylee

11:09 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Jason Johnson?

Gotta be kidding!

7:03 PM  
Blogger KAYLEE said...

Jason Johnson is getting another start!
-kaylee

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home