lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Friday, April 14, 2006

A Blast From Past & Present

Red Sox 2-Seattle Mariners 1:

Schilling was the Schilling of Old & Effective, as Ichiro Suzuki went 0-4;
Papelbon saved it.

I was watching MLB TV online. I fully expected to see DO & RemDawg on NESN. Instead it was FOX Sports Net-Pacific Northwest & was wondering why a West Coast Feed, here online in Queens?

The Play-By-Play Man was professional & an easy listen. So when the Red Sox wrapped it up, I went to the Seattle Mariners Page to find out who this guy is.

Picture his past:
Game 6 of the 1986 World Series, 10th Inning, Shea Stadium, Rick Aguilera on the mound for the Mets, on Red Sox man on 1st;

I was following tonight's game through the voice & eyes of none other than Dave "Hendu" Henderson, he who homered to give the '86 Sox the 5-3 lead in Game 6.

Don't be surprised at any links to 1986 or 2004, for those Baseball memories are vivid. Red Sox Memories of Past & Present, were really alive for me tonight.

Click to Mariners Website to the section on Broadcasters & catch a Blast From '86. '86 makes one appreciate '04 even more.

Thanks! Happy Passover & Resurrection Season to all.

2 Comments:

Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

I've heard Hendu on a few Mariners games on Extra Innings. He's an easy listen and seems well-prepared. I've always said that if I ever meet him, I'd buy him a drink, for the 1986 postseason thrills.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

And happy holidays to you too

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home