lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Monday, March 27, 2006

Bushwick, Brooklyn-The Artists Invade

Bushwick & Starving Artists

I remember Bushwick, Brooklyn, before it declined into a massive slum area. When it turned into a massive slum, it was sad.
On Broadway-Brooklyn, a great department store called Bargain Town, was in business. Then, as the area became a slum, it moved to the 5 Towns Area in Nassau County.
The building was dormant for years, as was much of Broadway. Then in 2000, things began to change. As Williamsburgh, Brooklyn was getting an Artist & Yuppie Crowd, rennovations were starting to take place in Bushwick.
The demographics are changing in this area. I see it in my morning commute aboard the J & Z Subway-Elevated Lines. Young Artists are moving into Bushwick, giving it a bit of an East Village Look.
This is an area I long dreaded passing through. Now, I see it budding. It’ll be a couple of more years before even more changes.

Who Knows: Maybe a couple of Red Sox Friendly Locations may pop up there. The gloom of the slum will be gone. & a fancy neighborhood name like NoBro, or “North of Broadway”, will come into vogue. If people go South of Broadway, “SoBro” will be the sobriquet.

“The Neighborhoods, they are a changin’!”
To borrow a phrase from a “FOX Saturday Baseball” Lead Analyst, this applies to what’s taking place in Bushwick, Brooklyn:
“Baby, You Gotta Love It!”

This evening, I rode on the Z Train with 2 of the "Starving Artists." They are from Rural Wisconsin. This is an adventure to them. One of them told me that where they live, there are a lot of cool people, there.

The Artists will make that difference.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of guy who enjoys to try new stuff. Presently I'm fabricating my hold pv panels. I am managing it all by myself without the help of my men. I'm utilizing the internet as the only way to acheive this. I saw a very awesome website that explains how to build pv panels and wind generators. The site explains all the steps involved in constructing photovoltaic panels.

I'm not sure about how precise the data given there iz. If some guys over here who have experience with these things can have a see and give your feedback in the thread it would be grand and I would extremely appreciate it, cauze I extremely like [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com/useful-articles]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. You guys are great.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home