lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The tumblr-Posterous "Debate"

I know this-tumblr Vs Posterous has a bit of the Mac Vs PC Essence to it, but users of both have different needs.
Now, back in January until April, I had produced video coverage of the Knights Of Columbus Free Throw Basketball Championship. For two contests, I recorded the contests on my iPod Touch 4G & connected the contest via my eMac to various Web-Sharing Services like blip.tv, Vimeo.com, DailyMotion.com & YouTube.com. Then, the other rounds, thanks to certain apps, were sent directly, via Wi-Fi Hotspots to DailyMotion & YouTube, eventually re-adding Vimeo because of their app. But, I wanted to head back to blip.tv with the competitions.
I downloaded the tumblr app & added coverage to tumblr.
I tried the Socialcam app out & found out about Posterous. I did a bit of research & found that Posterous could be something valuable as my loader to blip.tv, allowing me to cross post with blip.tv w/o having to buy for US$4.99, the blip.tv uploader app.
You see, Posterous is good for a wide area, while tumblr is good for localized coverage.
That tumblr links over from Vimeo is a good thing & tumblr can also carry video natively, is a good thing. It is good that it can handle audio from this device is good as well. It is just that when one needs a network crossposter, Posterous is a nice, free solution. Tumblr is a great solution for posting as well if you aren't trying to post to a wide area.
I like the ease of use of both tumblr & Posterous. One has to know what one's needs are.
M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home