lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Monday, January 12, 2009

They Don't Cover The Super Bowl Like This Anymore

It has been 40 Years to the Moment, when NBC Sports carried Super Bowl III, with a ONE Hour Pre-Game Show and a Game which started at 2:00PM EST:

The NY Jets defeated the Baltimore Colts, 16-7. Currently, The Colts are in Indianapolis and The NY Jets are based in Florham Park, NJ, in Morris County;

People in those days, were finished by 5:45PM with the Game;

Now it's 6 Hours of Pre-Game and more nonsense during the Coverage. For awhile, I even lost interest in Football, itself;

Later!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Mike, this year's Super Bowl halftime show will be the best ever. Bruce & the E Street Band! Oh, the game? I almost forgot! Be well.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Grand to hear Bruce, Peter!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right that the games are almost lost in the hype. I rarely watch any type of pre-game stuff, and that includes Red Sox (why do they need an hour of yapping before AND after each game???) and Celtics. What I need to know, I can get from the game.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Lisa?

8 Hour Shows by FOX, turn me off;

The 1 Hour Show was because of the power of a Super Event-that's as far as I would go.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home