lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Internet Over These 11 Years

Remember The Alleged Power of AOL?

Then again, you must also remember nights where signing on to AOL was sheer, unadulterated BS;

I remember when I got my first computer, a Personal Digital Notebook from Brother. It was the NB80C, operating on the Graphical Environment Operating System(GEOS). It was simple and somewhat Mac Like. The Computer was pre-configured to work with a small, but very good network called Earthlink, where getting dropped out of the clear blue sky was unheard of. Earthlink only had 171K users in 1998;

Then, I got my 1st PC, from HP-Compaq, and began using AOL, on Windows 95;

Fast Forward to right now, using Time Warner Cable, Earthlink is my Prime Provider. I've been operating on Mac Systems since '04, and Earthlink is Mac Friendly;

Meanwhile, AOL is a free service, with Bring Your Own Access. It's valuable in its' own way, but with the real web, who needs it. Nevertheless, I still use AOL, but it was never worth paying for;

One Dude once Told me that "AOL Is The Yankees, while Earthlink is The Red Sox";

Earthlink is still in operation as a Pay Service, with Dial-Up, Wireless, Cable and DSL connections. Meanwhile, AOL has pay service via Cable, only, as there's no Dial Up service, as its' Dial Up Service was the Most-Hideous Thing Imagineable. 26 2 Number Dial Up Attempts, is not what one calls service;

If AOL is The Yankees, They Must Suck. If Earthlink is The Red Sox, they must be putting a Great Product out there;

Later(I Don't Want Training Wheels For My Internet)!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home