lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

As To WHY I've Been Posting Photos Of Shea Stadium In The Final Stages


MEMORIES!

Dad Took Me to my 1st Professional Sporting Event, in September, 1966. It involved the NY Mets, though The Mets were NOT The Most-Professional Of Teams, as they were awful in those days:

The Pope John Paul II Visit in 1979;

Joe Namath and The Then NY Jets;

Mom taking me to see the filming of "The Odd Couple" prior to Mets-Pirates, in June, 1967, in the waning days of Maury Wills;

On September 28th, 2000, when a Seminarian asked me to seek help for Some New Kid, who's now a Transitional Deacon, Ordained in Rome for The RC Diocese Of Brooklyn;

Memories, both CATHOLIC and Secular. Both of my folks are gone;

Soon, Shea Stadium, will be gone as well;

Pax Dominum Sit Semper Vobiscum!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home