lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Years Of Mac

For The 1st 5 Years of Home Computing in the Mac-Windows Wars, I used both a Windows Machine, namely a Compaq with 200Mhz Processor and then a Compaq Laptop, with 475Mhz. The 1st System used Windows 95(Eye Candy Junk), then Windows 98SE(Eye Candy Super Junk):

Between the 20th and 25th Anniversary Macintosh Era, I have used Mac Operating Systems 9.1.1 and 9.2.2(Classic), OS X(10.1.5, 10.2.8, 10.3.9{My All Time Favorite}, 10.4.12 and 10.5.6);

I have used Microsoft Office in Windows 98SE and Mac 10.3.9, but find that I preferred Good Old Apple Works in Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X, and now the Open Source Neolithic Office, from 10.3 until 10.5. The Price of Neolithic Office is FREE. Currently, I also use "iWork" and it's rather good. It beats laying out a s---load for MS Office;

Mac, I find, is great for graphics and music, as well as not having to worry about viruses, which abound in the Windows Platform, a ripped off version of the Mac Platform;

At work, Windows XP is what I use(Somewhat against my will but that's life-you don't always get what you want);

It was in Mac OS 9.1 and 9.2, where I discovered working differently from Windows. I can work comfortably in either platform, but Mac OS doesn't give me a mother lode of headaches. I just love working in Mac OS X, especially from Panther into Leopard;

I can handle Mac Classic, OS X and Windows. It took buying an Old Mac G3 All In One to convince me that Mac is superior;

Happy 25th Anniversary, Mac-You got me to "Think Different";

Later!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home