lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

MCM-1900-The Road To MM Or 2000

It was 1900. The National League was strong. It was the ONLY Game in town. Brooklyn won the whole ball of Wax at Washington Park at 3rd Street and 4th Avenue in Brooklyn, then linked by Trolley and Elevated Lines. It was the Centennial Year and the end of the 19th Century:

The Road to MM or 2000 Posts, begins right now;

The Western Association of Professional Baseball Clubs was looking to set up as The American League, but had not yet done so;

America was on the Cusp Of Modernity, with the AT & T Telephone network being built. There were no Cell Phones. Boston had a Subway, which today would be called a Light Rail System. Fenway Park was only a Glimmer in someone's eye;

1900-On The Cusp of a Century known for Technological Advances;

Funny, but when I started to write this blog, I had no idea that it would expand into other Subjects. I had no idea that I'd write beyond the scope of the Boston Red Sox, but I guess it was inevitable. After all, I do live in NYC, in a Borough just next to Brooklyn, called Queens;

Baseball In Boston, I've written of as the BROOKLYN I never got to experience as a young fan;

Where Shea Stadium is now, was, quite-literally, a garbage dump, not unlike the current, soon to be demolished stadium;

Why do I Write? Hey, I enjoy it;

Later, Gators!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home