lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Friday, April 25, 2008

The Proper Application Of The Atkins Diet

There have been a lot of misconceptions about this diet, being a sheer all fat & protein diet:

It does NOT say to cut out the vegetables, except for the starchy ones at the beginning;

I am enjoying salads, preferably Caesar Salads, as the dressing & Romaine Dressing are delicious-just don't eat the croutons;

I have stopped with the beer, save for this past Sunday @ Fenway Park's Pre and Post-Game Celebrations;

I drink a lot of Seltzer with a Lemon or Lime Twist, and have substituted one glass of Red Wine;

I have cut back my caffeine a lot and I operate under 20 Carbs per day, so far losing 10 pounds this week;

The Protein and Fat satisfy me, so I don't go reaching for a Candy Bar. I have cut out all bread;

I am losing slowly, this 1st week, but intend to speed up my metabolism, by doing a few days without the Salads, which by the way, are meant to add fiber;

I used the Extreme version, which absolutely guarantees Rapid Weight Loss, but can cause one some sodium weakness;

The Atkins Shakes taste great-you'd swear they're fattening, but they contain fiber and control your hunger. They contain electrolytes, to keep one from Dehydration, plus have a load of vitamins;

The Atkins Bars are filling and nutritious, with loads of nutrients and tend to have 5 Grams of Fiber;

I can eat a Cheeseburger and do so without guilt, subbing Mustard or Regular Mayonnaise for Catsup;

Urination is more-productive as fats are carried out in the Urine, instead of peeing out sheer water of my last beer;

Urination is less-frequent after the 10 LB weight loss-then again, I'm not drinking all that Harpoon Ale, either. I had enough of coming close or even wetting myself and, in a couple of cases, wetting the bed sheets;

I haven't passed Flatulence in a week, which was a major problem when consuming the starches and sugars to go with the fat;

I use my Smokeless Tobacco even less these days, and don't miss it for hours at a time. This diet may even get me to quit it, altogether, provided I'm sated;

You see, the Diet can be adjusted to how much weight one would like to do. It's allowing me to get some proper rest;

It's working. I think I can really live with this diet;

Caution on Extreme Phase where it's only Meat, Fish and Fats-One can "Gas-Out". I once gassed out after 5 Days and urinated 25 Lbs out of the Body, sleeping for 15 Hours, losing 50 Lbs in 3 Days, & that's how I did this diet, before;

The Diet is Satisfying-Calories are without limits, but when you discover your eating pattern, you'll find that you'll need less food and fats;

Mike-RSN-NYCQ, on The Induction Phase of The Atkins Diet

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home