lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Friday, December 21, 2007

I've Made The Leap Up To Leopard(Mac OS X-10.5.1)


From what I gathered, in using in Tiger, I loved the 2 months of Tiger(10.4.12), but have gone up to Leopard, which adds more-functionality, not to mention, eye candy, somewhat pleasing to the eye:

I took my eMac, a nice combo drive 1 Ghz Machine, purchased in Early October & installed the Operating System;

Luckily, I was NOT installing MS Vista, said to be nothing more than Windows XP with a few extras, & in some cases, takes 6.5 to 7 Hours to install. This is Apple, after all, where ease of use is paramount;

Time Machine allows you to save & back up your files, to an external HD;

Leopard means the end of having to use Classic Mode, as that's not supported(Mac OS 9.X.X). This also means that I've grown up enough to the point that Mac OS 9 is really past tense. Once you've gone over to Mac OS X & have gotten used to it, you really feel that you have no need for it. The Transition is Finished;

I've used Mac @ home, ONLY. It's a lot more-relaxing using that than using a Windows Machine & can use programs comparable to MS Office, without having to pay the MS Office Tax, though I just might get a Copy of MS Office:Mac '08 & have it around;

&, STILL No Viruses, which is the BEAUTY of Mac OS X, which gets better as it goes along. I can breathe easier than if I had to use a Windows Machine, brand new;

& with G4 Machines of 867 Mhz or Greater, on sale for the right price, I don't have to pay top $ for the Mac Experience. Who needs a Windows Top Line Machine, which is there for more-headaches? I don't, that's for sure;

& Microsoft Office:Mac is surely a lot more-fun;

The Basic Installation of Leopard was 1 Hour & 15 Minutes on this 1 Ghz Machine with Combo Drive. Extra Packages of Programs took an Additional 45 Minutes. It's 4.5 to 5 Hours less than it takes to install Vista & more automatized than installing Jaguar(10.2.8) almost 3 years ago;

I did manage to get some sleep, so here I am;

Mike-RSN-NYC-Queens

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home