lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Friday, November 16, 2007

10 Years Ago @ This Time Of Month, I Found A New Way To Communicate

No, I did not begin smoke signal transmissions from Forest Park to Sacred Heart Rec tory, nor did I learn Signing for the Deaf:

I bought my 1st Cell Phone, which was unlike other Cell Companies on the Market. It could receive & Forward Faxes through Voice Mail & communicate with other Subscribers, through Short Message Services from phone to phone;

That Company's Commercial Spokesperson was a Parrot named Fred. The Company was called OMNIPOINT;

My Associate & I, were the ONLY People in Woodhaven & Glendale, who could do all of this with a Cell Phone. No one on Sprint PCS, AT & T, Nextel, or Bell Atlantic, could do any of this;

AT & T Subscribers had voicemail & Voice Service, though one could receive Text Service, but not send a text, phone to phone. OMNIPOINT Subscribers could send Text & short Internet e-mail;

OMNIPOINT, today, is a part of Deutche Telecom's T-Mobile. SMS was cheaper than a voice call & the preferred option;

SMS & Full Web are part of my Phone Regimen on AT & T Mobility, today. Sometimes, I wondered how I did things, without the Technology. Now, all the Carriers have Web & Messaging. Text Messaging now goes between Carriers' handsets. It's a whole new world we live in & can carry an Office in a Shirt Pocket;

No need to carry around slips of Paper. I just hook my Palm T/X to my MotoRAZR V3, via Bluetooth & I'm in business. If a report is needed, I just write it on the Palm & beam it to the Colleague, or Send by e-mail, from anywhere;

It's a Wireless World. The 1998 K of C Free Throw, was the start of the digitalization of the contest;

Amazing!

Mike-RSN-NYC-Queens;

PS-Even Fenway Park & Shea Stadium Events were covered Wirelessly, as I didn't have to wait until I got home to do anything;

M.L.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home