lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Here It Is-#500-& Paps Is Closing


& to think that it was RUMOURED that Julian Tavarez or Armando Benitez would Close!

Yikes!

Check with ESPN, by going down the column on the right, to read that bit of Good News:

It has been an amazing journey in writing this blog-it carried my thoughts on The Red Sox, some NY Mets stuff, as I DO live in Queens, not too far from the Site of Game 6 of The 1986 World Series, which'll be part of the Citi Field Parking Lot in 2009, & some Catholic Apologetics from a Traditional Standpoint, as well as friendly battles with various Baseball Fans @ our various pubs which we call our homes away from home;

Whether it was a tender kiss from 4 Sweet Lassies, after the Red Sox Lost to Toronto on September 2nd, 2006 at a Very-Improved Fenway Park, or trying to pick up the despair of Red Sox Nation into a Tug Mc Graw Style "Ya Gotta Believe" in August & September, '06, it was written here;

Whilst I mourned a loss by Curt Schilling, while yelling Expletives at Nipper, "The Interim Pitching Coach From Hell", as he was a 1986 World Series ARSONIST, I often did it in 2 Red Sox Themed Places, namely "Professor Thom's" at 2nd Avenue & East 14th Street, or "The Hairy Monk" at 3rd Avenue & East 25th Street, both on The Island of Manhattan. After a few too many sips of Guinness Stout in both places, I would rage about the likes of Jason Giambi(His At Bats, Brought To You By BALCO) & the Perennial Useless Faker, Braeden Looper(I forgot the # of times, I've yelled "YOU SUCK" @ him), who hid an injury, while pretending to be a Closer in '05,ruining many a victory chance by Pedro Martinez;

On 09/02/06, Jon Lester was supposed to start for the Red Sox, but he was diagnosed with Lymphona on 9/1/06. It was as if I was watching a "Bleak Futures At Fenway" Game, but I still had a grand time, as it was my 1st Appearance at Fenway Park in the 21st Century;

I never mentioned this, but on the Monday after the '06 NLCS, I cried for 10 Minutes, remembering my folks, who took me to my 1st Major League Games & neither one involved the NY Yankees. They didn't want to corrupt me with the Thought of the NY Yankees, whose fans are, basically, front-runners;

I've also learned never to trust a manager, who wears sunglasses at 8:37PM Eastern & didn't know that Mark Mc Gwire was juicing in the 2 times he managed him. That guy got arrested for DUI in Florida. I think that his name is La Russa;

09/11-NEVER FORGET as more living casulties are coming to light;

If you've been seeing Latin in the columns, it's because of having gone to two Latin Masses, in the past 2 months. Both were beautiful experiences. @ one of them, I ran into a Red Sox Lassie, so the Nation is all over, even in The Diocese of Brooklyn after a Latin Mass. On what other Primarily Baseball Blog do you get AUTHENTIC Gregorian Chant;

May "Dice-K" dice & slice up the AL, especially some team in The Bronx;

May Papelbon be the "Closer Of Our Dreams-Good Ones At That";

That "A-Rod" finish his Yankees Contract, & be like fine "WHINE", like those "Fans" in The Bronx(Or is that North Jersey & SW CT);

That Tim Mc Carver keeps braying like the Baboon he is, as he keeps Bloggers like me, busy;

That Pedro gets well & leads his team to a World Series. La Russa & his pet snake, Lord Albert of The Pool Halls, have no place in Post-Season, as I love to think of Post-Season as a CLASSY Time. Last year was an aberration, especially when "Mud-Handed" Kenny Rogers, is factored into this mix;

One Question, I must ask;
Like Satchel Page, just how OLD is Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez;

& to all of the Bloggers who've graced this blog, from "Omnipotent Q" in Midwood, Brooklyn, Anita Moore in Boise, ID, Georgia in BC, Simon Peter in NC, Marty in Australia, Susan in Scotland, Suldog in Watertown, MA, Peter in Farmington, CT, Laura in VA, Christine E., in PA, Katiee in MA, Kaylee in AZ, Steve Keane in Staten Island & formerly from Brooklyn, SCZA in Boston, Julie & Alex from MA, Kelly & Cyn from MA, Jere(Bad Hat & All) from the Upper East Side, with Reb from CT, Kim(FiNY)from RH, via Brooklyn & Amy from RH, Via East Boston, & Chris Wertz from Red Sox Haven, "Professor Thom's", who've brightened my day, I thank you, One & ALL;

Until Next Time;

Michael

13 Comments:

Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks for shout out, Michael, and for being a regular viewer of my blog as well. Congrats on hitting the Big 5-0-0!!

12:24 PM  
Blogger KAYLEE said...

Congrats on your 500th post.I like the papelbon move.Thanks for the shoutout

12:34 PM  
Blogger Jere said...

Thanks, Michael. Good job on D posts. (There's a little Latin for you.) I'm almost to my 2000th post, and more importantly, my 2004th!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I thank Early Poster, Jere, who has inspired my latest passion for Illustrations & Photos on this Blog:

To The Omnipotent Q, it might drive Bud Selig to the depths of his madness, if he was forced to ride the Q Train, in Rush Hours, waiting in the Rain at Avenue K, while trains' Conductors, MYSTERIOUSLY, announce that they're going EXPRESS;

& to Kaylee, who communicated with me with a record 63 Posts, one evening this past summer, I give thanks to all of you;

& leave a note of condolence for Peter of Peter's Red Sox Forever, as his cat, Baby Cakes, has passed on;

Michael

3:36 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

I thank you so muc, I didn't even realize you mentioned me util I was just about to leave this comment. And yes, I feel like half my chest has been carved out. I'm just glad it's still light out.
Happy 500th! I'll leave a comment after number 100, God willing. You are a true friend.....

5:38 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

And you make me proud to say that....

5:38 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

1000, and the other typos. I'm in a foggy state of denial.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Christine E. said...

Hey Michael:

Congrats on your 500th post...whooo hooo!

And thanks for the kind mention in your blog ..:-)

Here's to a brilliant 2007 campaign by the Sox, and that we are all here to write about it....

Nastrovia! (the spelling in wrong, I know..:-)

Hope you are well!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Peter on 1K Posts, my Salutations are in order & Christine E., as is usually the case, Thanks!

Michael

9:32 AM  
Blogger laura said...

Michael, congrats on 500! All good ones :) 2 great things to celebrate - #500 and the fact that the words Tavarez and closer will never be uttered with anything but happiness because they are not one and the same!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thankful for that laura!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Always, Laura & you're right, in that Tarvarez is no CLOSER:

"The Rudy & Julia Show", was cancelled when Dave Wallace returned;

As a series on FOX, it would've been cancelled.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& both Buck & Mc Carver are braying BABOONS.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home