lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Sunday, December 17, 2006

"Where The 1st Of Many MLB Encounters Occurred"

On September 2nd, 1966, I witnessed my 1st Major League Baseball Game in Person. It was not in the Charming, Quirky Fenway Park, but rather, here in this 1st of the Modern, All Use Stadiums(The Beatles Played here in 1965):


In those days the red seats were a pea green, the Green Seats were blue, the blue seats were tan & the orange seats were yellow. Press Box Seats were beige;


I watched the Mets get cooked 6-0 by the Phillies, who then played at old Connie Mack Stadium. In case you may not know this place, Game 6 of the 1986 World Series, a night of Infamy in RSN, took place here;


For 2 Years('74-'75), DFYankees played here, as the Old Toilet was turned into a New Toilet. The NY Jets called this place home from '64-'83.


The Place, Shea Stadium, is getting to the Wind-Down Stage, with only 2 More Seasons to go. I even saw Pope John Paul II here, as he ventured into this Steel & Concrete Relic of "Cookie-Cutter Clutter". 1969 & 1986 were Years of Glory, especially 1969, when both Mets & Jets, were on Top Of Their Worlds. Lately, those not fortunate enough to get Fenway Park Tickets, have wandered down I-95, or by Amtrak or Bus, to watch Mets Games, as was the case these past 2 Seasons.


'07 & '08 are the last 2 Seasons of The Mets Here. Then, in the Parking Lot, the New Citi Field, with the Jackie Robinson Rotunda, will be opened.


I saw the Mets here. I saw the Jets here. I even saw Pele & the Cosmos here. Hey, I even got to see the NY Giants here, in their last real season in NYC. It all came alive at Shea Stadium.


Thanks For The Memories!(Photo Credit-Jere From "Let's Go Sox)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home