lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Wind'ohs"

My Opinion of Microsoft Windows Systems

You have seen those adverts, "Hi! I'm A PC and Windows 7 is my idea." I have viewed those same adverts only my commentary would read "Hi, I am a Mac and Windows 7 is my idea of a joke."

I remember MS DOS and Windows 3.1, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 95, 98, 98SE and XP, and can sum up the experiences with each of those systems in one word.

"Sucks" is that word. Granted, it took three days to get to understanding Mac OS 9.2.2(Limelight U1), but I was not screaming expletives at my machine, unlike all the times of headaches I had with Windows 95, 98 & XP. Mac OS 9, though appearing to look a bit dated, gave me my initial insight into something which is both mainstream and NOT Windows.

Windows XP is just a bad copy of Mac OS 9. OS 9 was an interesting teaching tool. That brilliant All In One Suite called Appleworks, was introduced to me in OS 9. It was far superior to Microsoft Works and more intuitive. Think of it as a software version of a Swiss Army Knife, which proves that one can live without Microsoft Office.

In the words of that wise fellow called Homer(Simpson), I think of that pile of goat custard concocted by Microsoft as "Wind'oh"s, hey because it is a bad copy of something far superior to it. Even unto the point of my iPod Touch, at least it is on something stable as opposed to a bad copy. It is six years since my system at home went to Mac. No way is it going back to Ballmer and Company.

The Pez Report

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home