lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Monday, January 11, 2010

Mac

I once wanted a computer with Mocrosoft Windows 95. Having said that, Microsoft Windows 95 was a cranky pile of Goat Custard and not easy to maneuver. I say "Ditto" to MS Windows 98 Second Edition, a system which crashed and burned out after 3.25 Years of use. It should be so-noted that by use of a G3 All In One PowerMac, obtained on a shoestring, where I learned what a stable Operating System Mac OS 9.2.2, really was & what junk Windows really is. The old Classic Mac OS had few virus problems & those few viruses were caused by problems in a bad version of MS Word: Mac.

Currently, I have a G4 eMac, running at 1.0 Ghz, on 512 MB RAM, on Mac OS 10.5.8, a really rock solid operating system, free from viruses & without the need for anti virus software. I go back to a Mac time honored application suite called "Appleworks", in version 6.2.8 & 6.2.9. That suite, though a bit dated, had word processing and layout features, spreadsheet, presentation, database and drawing applications plus templates, making it as valuable than MS Office, only much cheaper than MS Office. Neo Office, open source for Mac OS X, pays tribute to Appleworks, following in that way.

I like iWork '08 a lot, as it is compatible with MS Office without breaking the bank. I have become so Mac Oriented that my actions on the Windows PC, follow a Mac orientation.

Mac is just plain ol' cool and fun to use.

The Pez Report

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home