lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Monday, November 30, 2009

MMM-Three Millenia Of Articles

One can only imagine the effort put into an essay on a website, which is often called a Blog. There are 2,999 prior articles on this site, whether they be a simple exclamation or a long essay, which this 3,000th Post is going to be.
One has to wonder how what began as a Boston Red Sox Baseball Blog has expanded to other topics, such as the Catholic Liturgical Debate of Traditional Latin vs a vs Use of The Vernacular.

Let’s just say that certain topics inspire passion. This afternoon at 5:15PM-EST, I was at St. Agnes RC Church on East 43rd Street, between Lexington & Third Avenues in Midtown Manhattan. The Holy Sacrifice Of The Mass in the Ordinary Rite, often referred to as the Novus Ordo Mass by certain people in a quasi-derisive manner, is what is offered at 5:15PM. However, there are no “Michael Row The Boat Ashore” Style Hymns played at St Agnes Parish. Rather, the “Kyrie” was sung by the Cantor in Greek, he also being the Organist, in the style of Gregorian Chant, often called Plainsong. The “Agnus Dei” and Communion Antiphon were chanted in Latin.

I believe in receiving the Body of Christ on the tongue and not in my hand, as I do not have consecrated hands, like a Priest, Bishop or Deacon has. At St Agnes, the Parish from whence the Traditional Latin Mass has returned over 20 Years ago, even in the Ordinary Rite of The Mass, as offered today, Communicants often prefer to kneel at the Communion Rail, which is something I prefer to do.

I was at a 5PM Sunday Mass in Queens, in recent time, replete with Guitar Music and it turns me off, with Children as the choir in this arrangement. WHEN I was a child, I remember having to learn hymns that are of a Praiseworthy Nature, with one of those Hymns heard during the Christmas Midnight Mass from St Peter’s Basilica, sung by the Sistine Choir. Today, children are taught to sing JUNK. If I want junk, I’ll watch Baseball at Citi Field, viewing the NY Mets.
Other topics have sent me over the edge, such as the Deal the Red Sox made to obtain that broken down slab of Canadian Bacon, Eric Gagne’. Please, his fastball was infused with Human Growth Hormone. When he didn’t have access to that, he couldn’t throw to save his life. One wonders why Paul “Fitzy” Fitzgerald had taped a rant against Gagne’, while on Holiday on Cape Cod!
This evening, across the street from the United Nations, also called the Turtle Bay Spy Club, I was at Holy Family Parish for Advent Vespers. The Air was filled with that sweet aroma called Incense and there was Benediction for The Most Holy Sacrament Of The Altar, called the Eucharist, held in a Golden Monstrance, on the Altar.

“Down In Adoration Falling” sung in Latin as “Tantum Ergo, Sacramentum” was done this evening. The Church was where Pope Paul VI(Giovanni Battista Montini), met with Catholic, Protestant and Jewish Leaders on the subject of Peace in The World, on October 4th, 1965, hence I was in an Historical Location.

My Good Friend(Actually Alter Ego)Ross Mac Duncan has written a Novel called “Southie O’” about the life, loves and furies of Boston Detective Paul “Southie” O’Brien. Check out the novel at createspace.com or amazon.com.

I like to play with Software. This 3,000 Article was done using Bean, a nice light Mac word processor, free on the web. The Southie O’ Novel was written using iWork Pages. iWork is a combination of Word Processing & Layout Program, Spreadsheet and Presentation Software, both intuitive and fun to use & won’t break the bank like Microsoft Office:Mac. If you absolutely have to have MS Office Compatibility, there is Neolithic Office, a Mac Adaptation of Open Office, which is free and great software. Of course if you MUST have MS Office:Mac, it’ll be a LOT more spectacular than its’ Windows Version. The next Windows version of MS Office, will be from the last Mac Version of it.
Funny, it was Appleworks which got me attuned to the Mac OS, back in OS 9.2.2. Neolithic Office, with its’ integration of applications in one suite, is a tribute to Appleworks, only with more file formats.

On the subject called “The New Age”:
I recently studied some therapy called “Reiki” which is supposedly a Spiritual Therapy, claiming all kinds of benefits for one’s health. In one such session, I can say that lying on a massage table, listening to soft music, and doing some deep breathing can be a relaxing experience, but one cannot run energy to an area to cure pain. Another thing-Reiki can be a bit expensive. So, if you want a deeply-relaxing and spiritual session, one which costs nothing and which may give you the Free Gift of God’s Grace, try listening to and praying prayers in Latin in Gregorian Chant. I find that the Sacrament of Penance gives one Peace of Mind and Grace at the same time.
Reiki only came about in 1922, when a Dr Usui was up on a mountain near Kyoto for 21 Days at 2000 Feet. Frankly, I think he was suffering from Malnourishment and was starting to see the So-Called “White Light”, because of the malnourishment. Reiki is NOT ancient, to learn a bunch of symbols which I think are crap and symbolize other things, and is EXPENSIVE. Basically, the Practitioner is carrying out a Medical Procedure, which many Health Care Practitioners carry out, called a Cashectomy. Stay clear of it, for your Faith & Health. Thanks !

As Far as Red Sox Fans in The NY-NJ-CT Metro area are concerned, we’re a good bunch of fans. Besides, I think it’s more fun being Red Sox Oriented in the NY Area. The Next person who asks me my LEAST FAVORITE Question “How did you become a Red Sox Fan in the NYC Area”, which is ONLY asked here in NYC, may get a pint of Miller Lite in one’s hair(LOL), as I NEVER GOT this question asked of me at Fenway Park.

As for NY Mets Fans, you’re my best companions at Sunday Mass, as I appreciate your sense of humor, before and after a game, as I’ve seen many of you at the 5:15PM Mass at St Agnes in Manhattan. I will not pour beer on any one of you.

Don’t get me started on The Yankees.

Three Thousand Articles, from June, ‘05 until Now.

Pax Vobiscum!

The Pez Report Three Thousand Special

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home