lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Weekend Is Memorable & The Latin Mass In Queens Is A Weekly Event & Watch For Super Bowl XLII Or "The Parcells Protoge' Bowl" On February 3rd(FOX)





So Far, it's an interesting Birthday Celebration:

Beginning on Friday Night, when I got pictured with The World Series Trophy @ Professor Thom's in The East Village, it's been a whirlwind of a weekend, & quite-hectic. Last night, I was in "The Hairy Monk" @ East 25th Street & 3rd Avenue, for A Perfect Pint Of Guinness Stout & a Glimpse of Jacksonville-New England, which the Pats won 31-20.This place is ALSO Red Sox Territory & was jammed to the point of almost no breathing room. So, after that Perfect Pint Of "Irish Holy Water", I headed on down to "Professor Thom's" @ 219 2nd Avenue, to continue the game. There was breathing room there in NYC Red Sox HQ;

So, this morning I went to 9:07AM Traditional Latin Mass @ St John's Cemetery Chapel @ 80th Street-Metropolitan Avenue. Here's something I didn't know about The Traditional Latin Calendar-While the Novus Ordo Calendar reads "Baptism Of The Lord", The Traditional Calendar reads "Feast Of The Holy Family", as Part Of The Christmas Celebration, so I had Masses for 2 Weeks in a row with the same Feast Day. Something tells me that The Traditional Calendar should've been kept going;

Wonderful News from our Bishop, The Most Reverend Nicholas Di Marzio Of The RC Diocese of Brooklyn-The Latin Mass In Queens is now a WEEKLY Event. Hosanna In Excelcis!

After Mass, I grabbed some grub up by Queens Center Mall, then took the Q29 Bus to Roosevelt Avenue & got on the #7 Train Shuttle Bus to head to Shea Stadium;

For those of you who know Shea Stadium, it's in the middle of absofrigginlutely NOWHERE. There are no places to wet one's whistle, unless one walks to the Ramada Inn, across the Grand Central Parkway from Shea Stadium on 114th Street, about a 4 Block Walk from Shea;

The Place is so desolate without the NY Mets in town. There's no "Game On Cafe'" like there is in Fenway Park;

I took these shots of Shea Stadium & The New Citi Field, next door, from underneath the Roosevelt Avenue Station. The Ramp leading from the Station to Shea Stadium, has been torn down. It'll be moiderous getting onto & off The 7 Line during Mets Games. It's from that Ramp that one could catch a Glimpse of a Game there;

Then from #7 Shuttle Bus, I headed to 61st Street, Grabbed a 7 Express to Grand Central & took the 6 Train to 23rd Street-P'k Ave South & went to "The Hairy Monk" to catch some Football;

I saw part of Giants-Cowboys on FOX. Joe Buck was with Troy Aikman, NOT Tim Mc Carver, so Joe was on his game;

Leanne was my Bartender. She HATES The YANKEES, BTW & is great during Red Sox & Mets Games;

"The Hairy Monk", when not in Pats & Sox Mode, is just a great old NYC Neighborhood Bar in Murray Hill;

Then, I came home. I had to write this story of my day. Tomorrow, is my Birthday. Let's just say it's the 23rd Anniversary of my 30th Birthday & leave it at that;

If it's NY Giants-NE Patriots, it's "The Parcells Protoge' Bowl";

It should be interesting in the AFC & NFC Championship Games. Finally, Eli Manning can stand on his own;

Mike-RSN-NYC-Queens

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home