lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Saturday, October 21, 2006

In '07 There's The Anniversary Of Infamy & This Is Post # 300

June 15th, 1977 is a day which will live in INFAMY, FOREVER, for those of us who were around, in that period:

The Then-Future Hall of Fame Pitcher, Tom Seaver was traded by the Mets to the Reds;

It was one of those CHEAP economy moves, by CHEAP People;

& the life went out of Shea Stadium, then being called "Grant's Tomb", for the purpose of mocking the Late, Unlamented M. Donald Grant;

It was a time of REVOLUTION & Fury, amongst Mets Fans;

Much of that wound is still there, almost 30 Years Later;

It can NEVER be forgotten;

By the way, this is Post #300;

More World Series Rants & Red Sox News & Mets Musings+Brazen Faker(Looper)Rage Rants later & a word from your local FOX Stations;

It's my duty, Judy!

14 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Michael, Detroit looked rusted and unseeing. And congrats on number 300!!! NIce! One question...I like your Weather Channel banner, even though I am my own weather sorce, and yours, I hope. Especially when a winter storm is looming. Back to the Weather Channel banner....how'd you get that? I'd love to know. You can leave a comment on my today WS post...or email. As always, thanks. Cool here this morning. It made it down to 30.4 degrees. Enjoy your Sunday, and I'm looking forward to your reply. Pete

11:57 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Never heard from you! Mr. 300.....

10:39 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

OK, Peter:

Go to weather.com;

It'll tell you to sign up with e-mail address & will lead you to code to copy;

Copy the Code & go tou your template on Blogger;

Paste the Code & save Template Changes;

Then, republish your blog & it'll show up(Banner).

11:08 AM  
Blogger Christine E. said...

Happy 300th post Michael!

Go Tigers!

Be well...

1:00 PM  
Blogger Suldog said...

And if TS had only made it through healthily in '86...

1:04 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Sul?

Who's TS?

I need my memory refreshed.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Wait, Suldog!

George Thomas Seaver!

2:36 PM  
Blogger laura said...

I started to watch a game on ESPN Classic last night from 93 and when I saw that McCarver was the commentator, I had to change the channel. You just can't escape that man!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

He's a Fun Form of Instant Insanity, ol' Tim.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

I re-wrote my Tueday post....Number unknown...what do you think? Those thoughts were from my baseball heart. Kenny be damned......that's all I can say.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I have so commented, Peter:

You've raised some amazing & worthwhile questions.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

&, believe it or not, Peter, Tim Mc Carver was asking those questions.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Katiee said...

congrats on the 300th post

7:31 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Thanks, Katiee!

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home