lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Monday, September 18, 2006

"For All You Suburban Tourists Who Showed Up At West 161St & River Avenue, I Have Some Very-Sweeping News"

To Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe On Why The Yankees Will Win It all this year:

Did Murray Chass of The NY Times, ghost write today's column? After all, the Globe is part of the NY Times Company;

Oh, Poor Baby!

& thousands of Suburban arrivistas, who wouldn't get caught dead in a certain part of The Bronx at this time of night, are going home in a rather pissed-off state of mind, from 'The Toilet";

The Red Sox completed a Day-Night Doubleheader sweep of the Yankees, by winning the nightcap, 5-4. Amazingly, Mike Timlin looks ageless in saving the 3 victories;

Yankees Magic # is STILL 4 & the race might continue much longer than expected;

& wouldn't that be a lot of fun!

& I love Fine Whine, from all those bandwagoners, who give real fans, a bad name.

11 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

How about that Timlin? He goes from "What is he doing out there?" to "Timlin's in, we're good" in one day. Gotta say, I'm impressed with the turnaround, and it happened just in time.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& The Race is still on, Laura:

& I'll be hearing the Arrivista Bandwagoners, moaning, weeping & gnashing their teeth, as well as other idiotic logic, overnight on WFAN 660, until "Imus In The Morning" @ 5:30AM.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& the Real Yankee Fans HATE the bandwagoners, with a passion.

1:16 AM  
Blogger laura said...

This is the part of the year when all the "fake" Yankee fans hop on board. The ones that make no mention of them all year but when they're in the playoffs, it's "What? I love the Yankees!" I HATE THOSE PEOPLE.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

That's who often fills the Stadium, over half the time.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Michael, you'd make a great travel agent. Me? I am so revved up to see Papi's walk to the plate for his first at bat. One mighty swing...number 50...seismic vibrations all throughout New England. Slightly felt in NYC. How nice would that be? I know the answer. Tuesday...a day to remember.

11:29 AM  
Blogger laura said...

True, but I was referring mostly to the people I went to school with who all of a sudden in '04 were talking to me about how great the Yankees were when they were up 3-0. I had homemade Red Sox signs in my windows all year and they dared to compare their loyalty to mine! Of course when they lost, I didn't hear a word out of them.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

The Bandwagoners, Laura, I refer to, as the Late Red Smith of the NY Times often called these people, "October Arrivistas":

I remember the years where people blithly & bitterly complained of the Yankee Stadium Neighborhood, as too horrible to travel to;

Then, The Hipsters arrived on the scene. They wouldn't know Jason Giambi from Joe Pepitone, nor what # Babe Ruth wore;

Hipsters & Fashionistas make awful fans.

1:03 PM  
Blogger laura said...

I didn't know there was an actual name for those people..I love it! I wish I was still in NY so I could make fun of them.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I wish that you were still here:

The Outright Mockery would be fun.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I can't wait until tomorrow, for Papi, Peter.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home