lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Richness Of The Borough Of Churches

Brooklyn is more than "The Borough Of Churches", but a Sense of Being. For yesterday, I experienced Brooklyn from another perspective, that of One in a Comedic Ensemble.
I was asked to do my role in a Classical "Brooklyn" Accent, hence I fell back on my native "East New York" Accented Verbiage. There is a trick to sounding like a Native of The Borough. It involves the strategic removal of consonants from words.
"Atlantic Avenue" becomes "Alanic Avenya", "Flatbush" becomes " Flabush" so I think "Ya got da pitcha". And "Dat" was the way I expressed my lines in the film comedic, "Brothers Forever"(Bruthiz Forevah).
But, as it was Prospect Park(Prospec Pahk), there were memories of childhood of going to the Zoo, the BMT to Prospect Park, of Family gone from the scene & of Brooklyn in general & the fact is "dat" Grand Army Plaza Arch, dwarfs Washington Square Park's Arch. Not everything is in "Thuh City"(Manhattan).
Brooklyn's doin' pretty good. I should know-I seen it change twice.
M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home