lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Role On My Birthday At Tammany Hall

On Being An Actor

I have never taken a formal course in this art in my whole life, for my training comes from another field. That field was Law Enforcement, where one will see every imaginable character over the years. After a long while, which in my case is 25 Years, one gets somewhat burned out from that life. Coupled with people who want you to do something for someone's political favor, it can lead one to indifference. But, that training and experience does have it's benefits, which led me into this new field, allowing me to explore my current field.

I will be filming next month in the webseries, filmed in High Definition in NYC's Borough of Brooklyn, called "Peripheral City" a dark comedy, in regards to those people who use a soup kitchen as a matter of survival. I am the "Rookie", being surrounded by professionals from the stage and New York Based Series and films.

This evening, on my birthday, I auditioned for a part in a short flick called "Death Of A Doorman", set in Manhattan and won the part of a senior doorman. I auditioned at The New York Film Academy, in the building long known for political wranglings, called Tammany Hall.

Perhaps on that day in April, 2008, my true passion was taking seed. There's more to life than preparing a court calendar. The money may not be as good, but at least I have Peace Of Mind. We all seek that.

The streets of NYC and the training led to this time of my life and I'm making the most of it. I do have to start small, but doesn't everybody.

The Pez Report

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home