lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Digress On A Certain Minnesota Vikings QB Named Joe Kapp

I actually remember Kapp as The Vikings QB in Super Bowl IV. I remember when he was to receive an award from the Sports Writers. In a Noble Gesture, he turned down the Award, stating the words "40 For 60" and it was a TEAM thing:

Then it came time for Ol' Joe to negotiate a new contract. That's when it became, as I call it, "60 For ME." He didn't play with the Vikes anymore and ended up signing with the New England Patriots & a new contract;

Hi-Ho STIFFERINO, as I was letting him have it, from around the Area of The Mets Bullpen at Shea Stadium, referring to Joe as a STIFF(Jets defeated NE, but Kapp was my target of barbs);

At one point in 1970, The Vikings came into Shea Stadium, with a perfect 8-0 Season. The Jets defeated The Vikings 20-10 & Don Maynard of The Jets became the 1st NFL Receiver to catch 600 Passes, which he caught from Al Woodall, a QB, filling in for the Injured Joe Namath. The "Purple People Eaters" were eaten in a place, now part of The Citi Field Parking Lot. The Jets had the best defense in the AFC, but were punchless w/o Namath, at 4-10;

Standing Room was $5 & worth the price of admission at a Stadium full of Memories(I Hated The Meadowlands in NJ);

The Pez Report

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home