lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Omega And Alpha

In my last-ever game at Shea Stadium, it was a sentimental journey over time, beginning in September, 1966 & ending on August 11th, 2008, @ the last-ever weekday day game. It should be noted that while Pedro Martinez pitched a nice game, the bullpen ruined the day, as I will refer to that 'pen, as the one JEFFY assembled, to get even with both Willie Randolph & Willie's Agent. BTW, Jeffy Wilpon heard it but good from me, at the end of that game wih the Pirates. JEFFY shall here it again from me, on Friday Evening:

For me, that final Shea Stadium Game Ever, was marked with tears, as I was on the ramp, from Upper Level, heading towards Gate D, which is now part of the new Citi Field Parking Lot. I burst into tears, remembering my departed folks, from both my 1st Ever Game(Dad in Loge), & 1st Day Game(Mom in Mezzanine, during the filming of the Triple Play Scene, for the movie version of ''The Odd Couple'', starring Walter Matthau & Jack Lemmon). Just like that 1st and Last Ever Day Games @ Shea Stadium, the Mets played the Pirates;

Now on Friday Evening, @ 6:10PM, @ Citi Field in Corona, Queens, a new era is dawning. The 1st Major League Baseball Game, abeit a pre-season game, will take place, as the NY Mets will host the Boston Red Sox. This will be most-unusual for any veteran of Shea Stadium, to be watching the Mets in a new home ballpark. It should be interesting;

However, I shall be rooting for the Red Sox, in Corona, Queens, not far from the Ice King of Corona. It's time for me to put Shea Stadium behind me, as new memories are waiting to be made, in a new place, evoking memories of Ebbets Field, with its' mighty Rotunda, now named for a man, who brought a new standard of excellence to Baseball, & who I saw in the distress of serious illness, at the Gil Hodges Wake in 1972:

That man in question, is Jackie Roosevelt Robinson;

It'll be an emotional evening;

BTW, The FOX Sports-K of C Free Throw Mocku-mentaries, are a thing of the past. They're no longer being written;

As I watched a replay of the 1st Mets Yankees Game, from 06/16/97:, I realize just what a talented commentator-play by play man, James Timothy Mc Carver, truly is;

It's Buck who brings out the Worst in Ol' Tim;

Mychal

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home