lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Sunday, February 15, 2009

The FINAL Pilgrimages CONTINUE To Draw Crowds To Shea Stadium

For on this Sunday, still more METS Fans made their FINAL Pilgrimages to Shea Stadium, to see what was left, before the final knockdown:

The Great Peter N, from Farmington, CT, a well known Red Sox Blogger, has only been to one game there, in his entire life. THAT GAME was 1969 World Series Game 3, when Mets Centerfielder, #20, Tommie Lee Agee, made two great catches. WHOA, for a 1st and ONLY Game at Shea Stadium;

One memory was in 1972, when Joe Willie Namath,came back from injury to throw 24/28 & 2 Touchdown Passes. NY JETS Lost to the John Brodie-Led SF 49ers, 28-24, as I sat in Loge Reserved, in the end zone, down near home plate, hence, not all of my good Shea moments, were Baseball ones;

I saw one woman shooting photos, from the Citi Field Parking Lot, saying " I'm gonna miss this place'', & she shed a couple of tears, & so did I;

It's the memories;

Farewell Shea Stadium*

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks, Michael. As I said, I guess I got lucky. I still get chills thinking about that game. It's a forever memory. Thanks for the mention, too.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

You're The 1st One, Peter, to say to me that you were at Game 3 of the 1969 World Series:

I believed that it was worth-mentioning;

Thanks For Coming Here.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

And thanks for the mention, Mike. Not only was it nice, but my blog hits yesterday went through the roof!
I remember that game SO SO well. We were sitting up the first base line, beyond the first base bag just a little. We had a completely great view of everything amazing that went on in the outfield. After all, the were THE AMAZIN' METS! I loved it.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Truly, The Amazin' Mets. This City Celebrated like never before.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home