lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Imagine For A Moment-A Just If

Had Robert Moses not made up a tale that he was going to put up a huge parking garage over the LIRR Yards at Atlantic and Flatbush Avenues in Brooklyn:

It was to be a PRIVATELY-Built and Owned Stadium;

It would've been the 1st Domed Baseball Stadium;

People in Park Slope, would've walked to it;

People would still be wearing a cap with a "B" on it, all over NYC;

The Dodgers wouldda still been ours to cherish;

Instead, "Moses Monument" is in Corona, built on a NYC Department Of Sanitation Dump in Corona;

The Monument is called Shea Stadium;

Shea Stadium is in its' last days and I call it "The Dump";

The NY Mets play there and stink out the joint-The City of NY owns it;

But, an Ebbets Field Tribute Park is going to replace "The Dump";

The only "B" Caps being worn in Park Slope, belong to Boston Red Sox Fans, whose beloved Fenway Park, is the "Ebbets Field" I never Knew, but have been to, 8 times;

Ciao-Later!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Suldog said...

My one regret in having been born when I was is that I never got to see a game at Ebbetts Field.

Well, not my ONE regret, but it's one OF THEM :-)

12:11 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I was 2 when the Dodgers played the last game in Ebbets Field:

But, next to Shea Stadium will be the Tribute Version of Ebbets Field, called Citi Field

1:23 PM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& I like Fenway, way better.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home