lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Thursday, December 06, 2007

I'll Miss The 2:05PM Sunday Starting Time In Fenway Park

While growing up in Brooklyn, I remember that on any Sunday & Saturday Afternoon, the starting time for a Mets Game @ Shea Stadium was @ 2:05PM. Especially on Sunday, it gave people time to get set for a game after Mass. In those days, the games never lasted longer than 2 1/2 Hours & there was no ESPN Sunday Night Baseball:

In 2K, I was at Fenway Park, for Expos Red Sox & the Game was at 2:05PM. I ran late from Queens, & made it at 3:00PM. The Game ended at 4:05PM. The Red Sox defeated Montreal, BTW;

So, I got up to Boston & Fenway Park, on May 20th, for the 2:05 Game, Atl. Braves @ Red Sox. I was way-early. It was cloudy & there was a threat of rain showers. The Field was covered. PA Announcer Carl Beene, gave us weather forcast information on what to expect & @ 1:55PM, it began to rain for over an hour. Beene kept us posted, as per the Instructions of the Boston Red Sox. The rain ended a little after 4:00PM & the Game started @ 4:37PM-ET, lasting 3 Hours, 10 minutes;

I was in my 1st-Ever Fenway Park Rain Delay, then saw a nicely-pitched game by Red Sox Starter, Kason Gabbard, who left to a Rousing Standing O, with the Sox winning 6-3;

It was only a little later than expected. I was a veteran of Rain Delays @ Shea Stadium, where information of this type, is never given to the fans there;

But the 2:05PM Start Time now passes away, like the Horse Drawn Trolley & a team called the Brooklyn Dodgers;

It looks like we'll all have to rush to the ball game, a bit more-often;

& another thing from our childhood is gone;

Mike-RSN-NYC-Queens

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home