lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

In Baseball's Hall of Fame-WALTER O'MALLEY?

Elect WALTER O'MALLEY? This Year marked the departure of The BROOKLYN Dodgers, as of the end of the '57 Season. I was 2, going on 3 in that last, sad season. When I was 3, ALL this City had was DFYankees, until the coming of the '62 Mets:

The Baseball Hall Of Fame Veterans Committee may as well have elected Adolf Hitler & Josef Stalin to the Baseball Hall Of Fame, because these 2 were amongst the 3 Most-Hated Men in Brooklyn, along with Walter O'Malley;

Well, today for me are the Boston Red Sox, who play @ Fenway Park, a place which is a throwback to the Ebbets Field Era, simulating Brooklyn for me & the NY Mets, whose new ballpark, Citi Field, will be a larger Ebbets Field, replacing Shea Stadium, in Queens;

Just think-I have to go to Boston to get "That Brooklyn Feeling", replete with Green Line Trolleys, stopping near Fenway Park @ Kenmore;

& I'll have to go to Stub Hub, to get tickets for the Ebbets Replica in Queens, in '09;

O'Malley is NOW added to "The Riviera List" & "The M.Donald Grant List". O'Malley's name will have an "F" Word, in the "Riviera" Chant;

Mike-RSN-NYC-Queens-Native Of Brooklyn

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I thought of you when I saw that!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I'm glad you did, Lisa:

Through the Red Sox & runs to Fenway Park, I get to experience Brooklyn, the way I never got to, as Boston is my favourite 1 day trip.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home