lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Computers & Systems I've Used Over The Years & nThey Keep Getting Better

On The Windows Side @ work, I've Used NT 3.1, DOS, NT 4.0, & XP-SP2:

@ Home, it was Windows 95, 98SE & tried Win2000 & WinME;

I've also used the Brother GeoBook NB80C, utilizing the Graphical Environment Operating System, which actually prepared me for working in the Macintosh Environment & the Palm OS, which is derived from GE OS;

No matter how hard Bill Gates tries to make people think that Windows is "Just Like A Mac", it doesn't fly with me. Ease of Use is a problem with Windows & always will be a problem;

I tried Mac in '04 & still like it-A LOT, if you ask me. It started with the G3 All In One, which like the eMac, was an Education-Only Machine. Mac OS 9.2.2(Limelight Upgrade 1), was my starting Point in the Mac World, & is a stable system. Then, I played in the earlier versions of Mac OS X(Puma @ 10.1.5, Jaguar @ 10.2.8, which introduced the use of Bluetooth, Panther @ 10.3.9, which I used on a G3 iMac, which a friend now has & Tiger, @ 10.4.10, which I now use on my eMac-2nd Revision;

I used the GeoBook, which is 10 Years Old & it still works, for certain situations, such as writing a Document, for FAX Transmission. It was the Brother GeoBook, which introduced me to a certain Internet Service Provider called Earthlink, when it was only 171K Subscribers, then only on 33.6Mbps. Earthlink has since become the Big One in regards to the Web, while AOL is a Free Content Provider, which is no longer in being as a primary ISP. Earthlink is my ISP via Time Warner Cable & is reliable, as well as Mac-Friendly;

I remember Windows 95 with all its' Bells & Whistles, but it was a bear to set up, on my Compaq 4508, now the Property of The Same Friend, who used Windows 98SE on it, until a Virus hit that system & it went Off Line. He, BTW, is a Mac User, who also got the G3 All In One & bought a Clamshell iBook. Setting up a printer on Win 95 was no fun, whatsoever. It was a little bit easier on Win98SE, on my old Compaq Laptop, which is probably in some Landfill right now, as that burned out in 3 Years of use;

I had a an iBook Clamshell, which could do Jaguar, comfortably, but it was replaced by the G3 iMac, running @ 400Mhz, for almost 2 Years, running Panther. I figured that when the price was right, it would be time to upgrade to an eMac, running at 1Ghz & 1/2 GB of RAM & a 60 GB HD, which as it turns out, can run 10.5(Leopard), though I will wait on Leopard, until it has matured a bit, as Tiger has matured. Tiger is awaiting one more Decimal Point Upgrade to 10.4.11;

Of all the Operating Systems I've used, Panther has been the best, so far. The Worst One is WinXP SP2 in that it consumes huge resources & is slower than a constipated person on a toilet seat, even with 2 Gigs of Memory. 2 Gigs of memory, causes Tiger to go Full Jarring Force. So far, I like Tiger. OS 9 is much-more stable than any Windows OS I've used. Hence, I'm a confirmed Mac Head. It's The Mac Line where everything is far better. All Windows can do is copy functionality of Mac. The Functionality of Win XP & Win Vista, is taken from Mac OS 9. Trying to sport an OS X look in Vista, is fraudulent without the functionality. Mac users since the beginning of OS X, in 2000, have been able to save documents in pdf format. Even as nice as the Aero Look of Vista is, this Functionality does NOT exist in Win Vista;

I guess that when Win Septa comes out in '10 or '11, that functionality will have been around some 10 or 11 Years on Mac;

My advice to Microsoft is to call me when you make something that doesn't suck. With our luck & theirs, it'll be a Vacuum Cleaner, made by the Hoover Division of MS;

Maybe Microsoft will own the NY Yankees-that way, they'll have something that REALLY-Sucks;

Mike-RSN-NYC-Queens

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home