lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

To My Red Sox Nation Readers-Don't Get Over-Confident

I had been viewing the Rockies for awhile, over the Summer & think of them as The Ones To Watch. They're Young & Talented & look Fresh:

On the Other Hand, the Red Sox look a little bit like tired, older warriors, what with Wakefield's shoulder giving him problems & Curt Being Curt, which means unpredictable from Start To Start & tiring out at times. Coupled with the IDIOTIC Trade for That Broken Down Bus, Eric Gagne' & an overworked Bullpen, this might not be the Eerie Magic Of '04;

Jeff Francis(Rockies) is a LHP. The Red Sox have demonstrated not much ability in hitting lefties. This could be trouble. On the other hand, teams on long layovers, have shown to be a bit laxidaisical(Just Ask The '06 Detroit Tigers);

However, Mr Beckett has an October Pedigree, with both the Marlins & now with The Red Sox. Mr Francis is beginning to establish one with the CO Rockies;

Most of my Sisters Of Charity-Halifax Nuns, grew up in New England(Like in Dorcester)& one of them referred to me as a pessimist. As they were part of my rearing process in Brooklyn, I may have acquired a good deal of that New England Angst. Then again, too, I do come from the Borough of The Dodgers, "Dem Bums Of Flatbush", & have that angst as well as part of my DNA;

It is NOT going to be an easy Series;

I hope The Best For Our Red Sox, but I'm going out on a limb & saying CO Rockies in 7 Games. My gut feeling says that;

Mike-RSN-NYC-Queens

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Wow Mike...where's the FAITH? Don't buy into the hype of the Colorado Rookies...err...Rockies! I say this on a joyous Thursday morning.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Then again, there's that prayerful Gregorian Chant of Hope & Faith, which plays on here, hence a time of prayer:

Francis once shut the team out, but only had enough gas to cut one on the T, only, last night.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Suldog said...

I think caution is still in order, even with last night's beating. I remember many a series where one team slaughtered another in the first game, only to lose the war. The Celtics versus the Lakers in '85 comes to mind readily.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home