lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Friday, October 26, 2007

A Mac Production

It’s funny about how technology changes. For Many Years, I used DOS & Windows, both exciting & both thought to be a standard. Trouble is, Windows, an alleged standard, is both difficult & substandard. Sure, the icons look so nice, as to make it easy to work with, but Windows misbehaves-in fact, rather-badly. Software there, is no fun to work with, especially Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel.

I’m a Mac user @ home. I use Windows XP @ work, so I notice the 2 systems, several times a week, by working with those systems. In Mac, I will use steps just like in Windows, but on Mac, the steps are fewer. I’m NOT almost screaming at my machine.

I’m a Mac user who started with Mac Classic, in the form of OS 9(Gershwin To Limelight Upgrade 1). Mac Classic gave me the feel for the Mac Platform & helped me transition over to Mac OS X, quite-helpful in showing me the way in Jaguar(10.2.8). It was Jaguar, which really started to demonstrate the power of OS X, in that many more applications were developed for it. I can say that I’m capable of working with 3 Desktop Systems, especially Mac OS X, Windows XP & Vista, & Classic Mac OS 9.2.2.

You know about Windows XP in late ‘01? It has multiple users on the same machine, & password encoding per user. However, Mac OS 9 had it 1st in 1999. Do I notice that the standard is somewhat behind?

I’m chairing my K of C 4th Degree Assembly’s 1st Ever Free Throw Basketball Contest. Appleworks 6.2.9 & iWork ‘08, will be the Official Software of that contest. My Faithful Navigator & Close Friend, a Mac User, is getting my G3 iMac, when the G4 eMac, comes in this Monday. All communications, flyers & letters, will be produced on his Mac & mine, I’m using AW 6.2.9 & it has everything I need to put together this contest, in communicating with the schools. There will be no communications using Microsoft Office(Which BTW, started on Mac & not on Windows). Appleworks & iWork ‘08 are good enough for me, especially Appleworks 6.2.9.

I had used Open Source Neo Office, which was good but, NOT as much fun as Appleworks, which can read & write MS Documents. Appleworks 6.2.9 is a quick working application suite & way faster than the grossly-overcoded Microsoft Office Suites;

The K of C Free Free Throw-4th Degree Edition is a Mac Production. It’s a time to Have a load of fun with it.

Mike-RSN-NYC-Queens-SK-PGK

PS=Go Red Sox

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home