lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Sunday, July 01, 2007

"Mike? Where You Been?"



(My Current Grand Knight, SK Paul Eggert, is the man in white in the Foreground-shot photo from my Motorola RAZR V3,via AT&T Mobility)
I rarely speak in my native patois, which is "Good, Ol' Fashion Brooklynese", but yesterday, my native tongue came back to me in Bay Ridge, down by John Paul Jones Park, @ the Annual Knights Of Columbus LI Assembly 4th Degree Independence Day Parade & Awards Ceremony:

Yes, I'm a Past Grand Knight of a Council on Myrtle Avenue in East Glendale, Queens, where Imaginations run wild, & Old Timers live in a Fantasy World that Forest Hills is a foreign country, loaded with Russians. Simply, it means that these guys would get lost, crossing Woodhaven Blvd. They'd also get lost going Westbound on Myrtle Avenue;

I now belong to a Council, where they know what they're doing & what they're about. They have a purpose, being true Knights Of Columbus;

In John Paul Jones Park, around 100th Street & 4th Avenue, the Annual Pro Patria Award was presented to the 4th Degree Faithful Friar, Fr John Brogan;

Fr, you see, is also my Chaplain at LI Council 197. He's also a Brooklyn Diocesan Director of Coordinated Ministries to Immigrants;

Freedom isn't Free as Blood was shed for it. The Christ did it for our redemption, was the message;

1 guy wore an authentic Brooklyn Dodgers Cap. Hey, this is the 50th Anniversary of the last season of "Dem Bums" in Brooklyn;

& 2 people wore Red Sox Caps. A woman who shows at this Annual K of C Event, wore a Red "Cursed To 1st" 2004 Commemorative World Championship Shirt. I wore my Sox Cap as well. Bay Ridge, you see, has a large presence in Red Sox Nation, with New Englanders & Natives of Brooklyn, donning the caps;

She, like me, is a BROOKLYN Native. No Yankees caps were seen;

Members who knew me, knew I was galivanting in Queens, with a Past Grand Knight Pedigree;

The question asked was "Mike, where you been";

It means, that by transferring to a Council where the pros are, that I was in Grand Company. By Going to Bay Ridge, yesterday, it signified one thing;

I finally came home;

& Past Grand Knight-Former District Deputy-Past Regional 4th Degree Master, Joe Peluso, really "Done Good" with his rendition of "God Bless America". Joe, ya made us proud;

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home