lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Listening To Baseball by Good Old Fashioned Radio

I was listening to Joe & Jerry, on the WEEI Red Sox Radio Network, via WTIC 1080-Hartford, CT, my longtime Red Sox Lifeline. Not a nice game as Red Sox were shut down 7-0, by Cleveland. It was a bummer, on top of that other bummer of a game in Da Bronx, where Mets reliever, Braeden Looper, was doing his best imitation of Armando Benitez(That Stiff), giving up a winning Yankee Hit, to That Juicehead, who won't be mentioned here. I also tuned into The Yankees -Orioles, via WBAL 1110 Baltimore.

I'm in no mood to listen to John "Thahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yankees ----" Sterling, nor Susan "Georgie's Girl" Waldman, giving excuses for Friday's & Saturday's Game, as well as their braying about Sunday's Game. I'd, sooner, watch Buck & McCarver, than listen to these 2. That's not saying much.

Radio allows one, to listen & use your imagination. This is something, many of us forget, as we rely on TV & now, our online connections. It gets even more-ridiculous, as replays are available, via cell phones.

I got to hear Ken Coleman, on WTIC, in the daytime, calling a Sox Game. T'was pleasant. Wanted to hear Red Sox-Cubs, one Friday afternoon, but couldn't, because WTIC was busy with talk shows.

Just got the final score: Yankees 6, Orioles 4. One consolation was not listening to Sterling-Waldman, shilling their hearts out, & assaulting my eardrums, on WCBS 880.

Makes me yearn for Ken Coleman & the Voice of A NY Summer, of 42 Years, Bob Murphy. I miss these 2 guys.

I still love the game of Baseball on the radio. I hope you do, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jere said...

Coleman was the voice of my youth. Nice to find someone who shared the joy.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home