lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Great Walk Of 11/13/10




We have a Society known for Vanity. Men(& Some Women) like to sculpt their bodies in order to show off their bodies for all of their muscles.
We also have a sedentary society, which for whatever reason, does not understand the primary mode of transportation. At one time, we did not have fancy vehicles to transport ourselves around in.
So how did we get around? I did something yesterday traversing across the NYC Boroughs of Queens, Brooklyn & Manhattan which was not sedentary in the least.
Jesus Christ & The Apostles used this mode of Transportation all or most of the time. For the 1st Time in my life, I went & did Long Distance Walking, over streets & The Williamsburgh Bridge.
Would I do this again? I would do it. It was the best exercise in my life in that I got to see my city from the angle of a mere pedestrian. I traversed the City of New York, from Western Queens through Northern Brooklyn, and across the East River through the Lower East Side into the West Side along 14th Street for a short audition for a short film. Then it was a walk to St. Francis of Assisi RC Church for The Sacrament of Penance.
My thanks to Daniel Torres for the $2.25 subway fare to allow me to use the subway to Woodhaven Blvd & Jamaica Avenue, from which I walked another 7 blocks to home.
I do thank God for this most unique journey & the realization that a Journey starts with a single step. I traversed about 12 miles on foot.
Walking is the best exercise imaginable as one can do a lot of thinking & meditating as well as building up one's cardiovascular capabilities. One needs not sculpt and torturing oneself.
One only needs to begin with a single step.

M

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home