lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Monday, March 29, 2010

Passion/Palm Sunday At East 43 Street-Lexington To 3rd Avenue

The Guitar has no place in the Roman Catholic Liturgy. It has
ABSOLUTELY NONE. The Liturgy is the place of the Organ or Classical
Piano.
Should Children in the Second Grade learn to read the Greek and Latin
Responses to the prayers of the Liturgy? As they are young enough, I
say a resounding YES(Not The Network of the same name, as I mean
simply in the affirmative).
This Evening's Passion/Palm Sunday Mass only took 1Hour $ was well
coordinated. When the Gifts are presented to the Priest at The
Offertory, the Priest goes right into the Offertory Prayer. He is not
seated waiting for the collection to be taken up with kids strumming
guitars, singing some banal Quasi showtune for 6 verses.
Sanctus, Agnus Dei and Communion Antiphon were chanted in Latin.
"Michael, Row The Boat Ashore" has NO Place here.
For often I went to Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation, just
out of habit and obligation. Now, I enjoy the Ordinary Rite of The
Mass, when offered in Solemnity and Beauty.
Unless I must be at some gathering which may take me out of my way, my
base Parish is in the Archdiocese of New York, on East 43 Street at
St. Agnes, where Bishop Sheen preached his Good Friday Homily & where
Mum was baptized & where I went to High School.

The Pez Report

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home