lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Friday, May 22, 2009

On Acupuncture-It Works, Nicely

There's a thing I have for Acupuncture-it's both relaxing & energizing:

I enjoyed a treatment of Acupuncture, today, @ 191-193 Canal Street in Chinatown. It's offered for free by St. Vincent's Catholic Medical Center, at the American Legion Hall, on the 2nd Floor, amidst photos of Chinese American Veterans of various wars;

Several folding chairs are on the floor. You sign in & receive an alcohol swab, and dab it on your ears. The acupuncturist then places 5 needles in each ear. You are offered what is called ''Sleep Tea'', a calming herbal tea, with no sweetening, with hints of chamomille, and mint. I know the tea is made by Celestial Seasons, & it's called ''Sleepytime Herb Tea'', available in markets around the the country;

The points which are needled, cover points on the ear, corresponding to the liver, spleen, heart, & sympathetic nervous system. One sits comfortably and controls their breathing, and go into a state of relaxation. I found it so relaxing, that I went into a refreshing nap. My eyes were sore & red. When I was finished, my sore, red eyes, were gone. I was rested. At the conclusion, seeds, attached to surgical tape, are affixed to both ears, on the outside, to help one to relax;

In 1972, when President Richard Nixon visited China, James ''Scotty'' Reston of the NY Times, needed an appendectomy. Chinese surgeons operated on Scotty & then cured his pain w/Acupuncture;

I was 17 @ the time & thought, in the time of Chairman Mao, it was Communist Propaganda. Today, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Acupuncture to anyone;

The Pez Report

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home