lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Are They Teaching Religion In Catholic Schools? WHAT?

The Current Crop of 8th Graders, I believe, are Religious Illiterates:

They have no idea WHAT a Sacrament is(An Outward Sign, Instituted By Christ, to Give Grace, which was seen in the Baltimore Catechism, a book which came from the 3rd Plenary Council at Baltimore, MD, and not from The Orioles Press Guide-LOL);

I remember that at 1 Graduation, on Friday, June 13th, 1997(East Glendale), the 8th Grade Teacher stated that these children are so-filled with The Faith(Which Faith it is, I have no idea, was my smart-arse remark of the day). Asking a question about the Corporeal Real Presence in The Eucharist, was an adventure, in holding your breath for more than a minute, in short, not really much fun. Having a Newly-Minted 8th Grade Graduate unable to tell you what The Eucharist is, until I had to do a Physical Demonstration of what The Priest does at The Consecration of The Elements Of The Sacrament, only to respond with "I THINK that The Priest is changing The Bread and Wine into The Body And Blood Of Christ", caused me to remark "You THINK-You Should KNOW That". This is 8th Grade. Filled with WHAT Faith;

One woman told me that the Children are taught so much better than when she was in Catholic School. Then, my dear, WHY is your little darling daughter denouncing The Catholic Faith, and is now a Protestant Fundamentalist in AZ?

They claim to use Bible Study in The Catholic School, but they don't teach Doctrine. The Fundamentalists teach DOCTRINE 1st, then use The Bible to justify their DOCTRINES;

When I was Grand Knight of a K Of C Council in Queens, every Altar Server, who worked at Council Sponsored Masses, on Council Property, was given a Paperback Copy of The "Catechism of The Catholic Church", as a show of Gratitude for their Services, as well as my realization that this might be the ONLY Time they will have ANY Book of Catholic Doctrine, in their possesion;

Are Catholic Schools CATHOLIC? You be The Judge;

Michael

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home