lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The 1st Notebook Computer Is STILL Working-NOT Bad For An 11 Year Old

I can remember when Brother Industries, more noted for typewriters, came out with this interesting Personal Digital Notebook, or PDN, in March, 1998, called The Brother GeoBook NB80C;


I'm glad that I still have this machine, as when the Compaq Laptop went kablooey 3X, this took its' place twice;


It wasn't fancy, but it got me online, and was used in the period between Windows and Mac;


You couldn't use AOL with it. My 1st ISP was already configured and it used a 34K Modem, to dial into Earthlink;


The 1st e-mail came from an OMNIPOINT Phone, on Tuesday, March 31st, 1998, while in The Mezzanine, in Section 15 at Shea Stadium(Mets defeated the Phillies, 1-0 in 12 Innings);


It could be used to fax documents, directly from the machine;


Using The GE OS 3.0, the Notebook was interested in functionality, and not all the little extras;


And, for $799 in 1998, it's still worth the money I paid for it, and was simple to connect with the Web, as well as to write documents with;


Fabulous!


Later!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home