lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Friday, November 21, 2008

AOH-K of C Night As If It Was Brooklyn In Babylon

Avenue I and Flatbush Avenue?

My friend, Eamonn and I, went to Ancient Order of Hibernians Division II in Babylon, NY, so he could study Irish Gaelic. It's a Cultural Thing, ya know:

Talking about Language Studies for a moment-Pimsleur, for instance, uses sheer conversation. You hear a phrase in English, then you hear the phrase in Gaelic and you hear it, say it and absorb it. It reminds me of "Instant French For Children", which I had as a child in Brooklyn;

Talked to a fellow Hibernian named Ron, who, retired from Suffolk County Police Department, is also a Past Grand Knight of Our Lady Of The Island Council and Past Faithful Navigator of Pope John XXIII Assembly in Suffolk County. Ron, Eamonn and I, knew all the Same 4th Degree All Stars, as Eamonn(Ed) is a Past Grand Knight of Woodhaven Council 1866, and I'm a Past Grand Knight of Msgr Sherman Council #5103, in East Glendale, Queens;

Spoke with Carleen, a woman, who is a Drummer in a K Of C Pipe and Drum Band, who lives in Babylon, is a Female Hibernian. Her husband, Kevin is a Piper. Both are members of Division II and of Columbus Council #126 at Quentin Road and Nostrand Avenue, Brooklyn. This I NEVER KNEW-Fr Mychal Judge, The Franciscan Priest, who was Chaplain of The F D N Y, was a Member of Columbus Council #126. I've been to Columbus Council-Cool Place to wet one's Whistle;

There was a Queens County 4th Of July Parade, which I was involved in, in 1993. The Columbus 126 Band marched. Some dude named Chumley, had suffered an attack of Heat Exhaustion at 60th Place and Myrtle Avenue. I remember running to get Gatorade to refresh him. According to Carleen and Kevin, he was seen at 5103's Bar, downing beers to rehydrate himself, as they were also in the Parade;

Ahhhhh, Memories!

Later!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home