lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Friday, July 11, 2008

MCMLXVI-1st Game

DFYankees looked up at the rest of The American League, in LAST Place. On the last day of the 1966 Season, DFYankees played a Doubleheader(Remember Them?) vs the Chicago White Sox at Yankee Stadium(Toilet I). The Club was owned by CBS. That Last day saw a record low crowd of 413 Paid:

Where were all those Great Yankees Fans? Hence, the load of Yankee Fan Jokes over the Years, started at this point. Red Barber later mentioned that the crowd was 90;

I went to my 1st MLB Game in September, 1966 at a Rather New Shea Stadium. The Mets Lost to The Phillies, 6-0. Seaver and Koosman were in The Minors, as was Nolan Ryan, who was also on the DL;

Funny, but my 1st Red Sox Game in Fenway Park, saw the Red Sox lose to the Tigers, 6-0 and Mo Vaughn was on the DL;

I think that this is it for Shea Stadium, for me, tonight. I'll actually start leaving Shea Stadium in the 7th Inning, adhering to the 1966 Protocols;

Later!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home