lansdowne126's videos on Dailymotion

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Catholic Schools Aren't Truly Catholic Anymore

I know what you may be thinking, like how much Monstah Ale I was sipping @ The Hairy Monk, during the Sawx Win over the Orioles. The subject in the title, was a topic of discussion after this morning's Traditional Latin Mass, where I'm now learning that most of the Children there, are Homeschooled. Why are parents choosing this method? Quite-simply, Children in Catholic Schools, aren't being taught about their Faith. Imagine an 8th Grader not knowing what The Eucharist is or what a Sacrament does. Unfortunately, this is the case as I write this. From my experience as a K of C Grand Knight, years ago, I found 8th Graders to know more about DFYankees, than about their FAITH. IT is a CRITICAL TIME. Michael of RSN-NY

2 Comments:

Blogger paramedicgirl said...

You're right. parents choose homeschooling because they are more capable to impart a religious education to their children than a Catholic School. Sad, isn't it?

I went to a Catholic school, and I came out knowing almost nothing about my faith. I had to learn it as an adult. But the foundation was there. I thank God for that.

1:25 AM  
Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Indeed! There was NOTHING Wrong with The Baltimore Catechism at all. Today's Catholic School Children wouldn't know how to defend their Faith, nor KNOW WHAT It IsL

It's all Junk & Games;

Michael

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home